Gen-Next Cricket Stars Exude the Oomph!
The spell of ever evolving fashion has charmed each community by its aura – be it the common mass, movie stars, artists or sports players.
Talking about the cricket stars and fashion makes one visualise our heroes – from yester-years to the present day. Needless to say that the cricket heartthrobs have always fascinated their aficionados by their game but we see the trend changing these days.
|The Legends: Sir Donald Bradman, Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi, |
Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Kapil Dev, Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar
(clockwise from the top)
The role models of gen-next are redefining the appeal factor. Apart from learning the latest game techniques, enhancing the prowess and embracing a healthy lifestyle, the players have added a new feather in their Cricket Cap… and that is the “Style Statement”!
There was a time when glamour and cricket were considered to be two different accounts but now the genres seem to be so synonymous that it creates a whole lot of hoopla around in the social media.
The retro players concentrated predominantly over the game, looks being a subtle reflection of their personal style. However, the current day players find it significant to catch up with the latest fashion trends; be it hair, apparel, accessories, footwear or technology - the cricketers have donned it all. The focus is tremendously on good looks and great body!
|Style Statement of the Stars: |
Rahul Dravid, Mitchell Johnson, Lasith Malinga,
Virender Sehwag, Andrew Symonds (clockwise from the top)
Style is all about the way someone talks, walks, eats, speaks, writes, behaves, etc. Being an extremely essential element today, style has marked its foray from the conventional era to the modern day where our idols have transcended their line of business. With a much more polished personality and a refined lingo, they now host events, anchor shows, endorse brands, and promote print media; they act, sing and dance in TV commercials, and sometimes even in movies.
With the fever of Cricket World Cup catching upon in every four years, our doting champions make us crazy by their obsequious efforts to showcase their style. Undoubtedly, the gen-next players have made an effervescent impact on the paparazzi and the cricket buffs - they are absolutely trendy, geeky and more fashion-conscious than before… and they commit to continue staying in style!
Here are the top 10 most stylish cricketers and their reason for being so… (Source: http://www.sportsgoogly.com/top-10-most-stylish-cricketers/)
- Shane Watson, Australia – Chiselled bod, deep blue eyes, blonde locks
- Kevin Pietersen, England – Aggressive batting style, appealing fashion sense, tattoo
- Virat Kohli, India – Cool hair style, well groomed looks
- Shahid Khan Afridi, Paksitan – Handsome looks, silky locks
- Dale Steyn, South Africa – Phenomenal bowling, graceful personality, tattoo
- Brendon McCullum, New Zealand – Athletic build, tattoo
- Alastair Cook, England – Chocolaty looks, great physique
- Chris Gayle, West Indies – His celebration style, Gangnam style dance, sunglasses
- Michael Clarke, Australia – Suave and classic looks, tattoo
- Yuvraj Singh, India – Rustic looks, fitness freak, sunglasses
|Top 10 Most Stylish Cricketers: |
Shane Watson, Kevin Pietersen, Virat Kohli, Shahid Khan Afridi, Dale Steyn,
Brenden McCullum, Alastair Cook, Chris Gayle, Michael Clarke, Yuvraj Singh
(clockwise from the top)
It’s just delightful to see these celebs exude the zephyr of oomph! After all they are the heroes of the leading global sports – CRICKET and we immensely love them!
This blogpost is a part of the #BloggerDreamTeam at Blogmint
* Author of this post reserves rights for the written content source being original work of art. Please do not copy without permission. ©Jyotika Rajput Mehra
* This post is purely based on the author’s feelings and perception, the purpose of which is to showcase the charm and style statement of the cricket stars.